The perfect snack to pack up and take with you for a day in the library if like me you are studying over summer (you’ve got this!), or to put in a jar to take to work, or just devour in one sitting whilst binge watching a series!
These will keep you going through that mid-afternoon slump; filled with fibre rich oats & dates and a burst of protein, iron & monounsaturated fats from the cashews
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 6 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup / 1 handful frozen raspberries
- 1 heaped tsp of cashew butter
- Cover the dates & cashews with warm water and leave for at least 10 minutes to soften
- Blend up the oats into a fine flour. Put to the side.
- Drain the cashews & dates
- Blend together the cashews, dates, coconut flakes and frozen raspberries
- In a bowl mix together the oat flour and blended mixture (you may have to get your hands messy for this bit!)
- Stir in the cashew butter
- Take a heaped tsp of the mix and form balls
- Decorate as you wish
- Chill in the fridge