Suns out guns out. Yeah nah, suns out, raspberry ripple fro-yo out! (ok that didn’t work as well as I had hoped!) Raspberry ripple was one of my fave ice-cream flavours as a kid, and it seems to have disappeared from our supermarket freezers so here I am saving the day with a homemade recipe!
I’m a big frozen yoghurt fan because it isn’t overly sweet and on a hot day I find it much more refreshing than a creamy ice-cream.
- 1 Ice-lolly mould
- 6-8 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1/4 lemon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large cup of frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- In a saucepan stew the frozen raspberries with a splash of water, crushing them with the back of a spoon
- Once a lot of the liquid has gone, add a squeeze of the lemon, 1 tbsp of maple syrup and the chia seeds.
- Mix into a thick consistency, adding more chia seeds if it isn’t quite thick enough. Leave to cool
- In a separate bowl mix together the yoghurt, a big squeeze of the lemon and 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- Grab a cute set of ice lolly moulds and layer them with the raspberry jam and yoghurt.
- Freeze (obviously, they’re frozen lollies, not warm jam and yoghurt pots)