If you haven’t already realised, I am a huge fan of savoury breakfast and you will only find me having something sweet when there is a blue moon in the sky (or something else just as rare!), so I have become obsessed with this recipe! I’ve added in some mixed beans because a) they were looking sad in my fridge and
b) they provide an extra hit of fibre/protein/phytosterols to fuel my body, brain & gut microbes for the day!
- On a medium heat simmer together: red onion, garlic, tomato puree, courgette, red pepper, mixed beans, 1/2 tin of tomatoes, fresh cherry tomatoes & spinach
- Season with chilli flakes, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, paprika, oregano, splash of balsamic vinegar, S+P
- Leave to simmer until thick
- Top with red pesto & grilled halloumi
- Serve with toasted buttery sourdough