Introducing one of my most versatile recipes! These wonderful fritters are so quick & east to cook that they are ideal for any time of day. They can easily be made up and put in the fridge ready to heat up for a quick breakfast on the go; or served with all the toppings to impress your brunch guests. A few days ago I made these up for breakfast with halloumi, yesterday lunch I added in some sweetcorn and served with halloumi, guac & some fresh radishes, and my flatmate changed the flavours up a bit and turned it into a supper dish! A 3-in-1 recipe, I am too kind!
- 1 courgette, grated and excess water drained out
- 1/2 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of oats, blended into a flour
- A sprig of fresh mint
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt + Pepper
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients into a nice messy & sticky mixture
2. In a hot frying pan, add a small splash of oil
3. Make the mixture into medium balls with your hands, before placing them in the pan and flattening them into patties
4. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, so they are golden brown and hold together
5. Cook up your toppings: I’ve gone for grilled halloumi, guac & radishes, but stewed cherry tomatoes & hummus would also be dreamy!
6. Serve up a storm!