I’ve been cooking up this grilled omelette for my breakfast, lunch and supper (not all in the same day though!) By half grilling the eggs it forms a really fluffy omelette and melts the cheese perfectly!
Omelettes are such a quick and easy way to cram in lots of protein, iron, B vitamins and vitamin D, and they have a full amino acid profile!
But, always look out for ‘Free-Range’ ‘British Lion’ and ‘RSPCA Assured’ certifications to make sure you’re supporting sustainable, healthy and safe practises.
- 1/4 red pepper diced
- 1 small garlic crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2tsp mustard
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1tbsp pesto
- Grated cheese
- Fresh rocket
- In a pan sauté the red pepper and garlic. Adding spinach after a couple of minutes
- Whilst that is cooking, in a bowel mix up the eggs with a splash of water, mustard and seasoning
- Pour the egg mix into the pan and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes until it’s starting to solidify
- Scatter with the sun-dried and fresh tomatoes, followed by dollops of pesto and the grated cheese
- Place under a hot grill (making sure the handle isn’t under the heat!) for around 5 minutes until the eggs have cooked and the cheese melted
- Remove from the pan, top with rocket, enjoy